Linked Events

• World of Wheels : February 10, 2017 - February 12, 2017

Author Topic: World of Wheel February 10-12 2017  (Read 2414 times)

DR12VOLTS

• Vice President CCVW Club
  • CCVW Club Officers
  • Full Forum Member
  • (o)\_!_/(o)Proud owner of 72,76Beetles, 69 Fastbac
World of Wheel February 10-12 2017
« on: December 18, 2016, 10:06:35 PM »
Would anybody interested in kicking the car show season off a little early? There has been a few people mention that they would LOVE to see CCVW at the World of Wheels. The show is February 10-12 at the Indiana state fair grounds, would anyone be into entering their car or cars into the show? I am working to see if we have enough cars entered that we could all be together and maybe set up a cool VW display. Please respond if you would be able to join in. Let's get the VeeDubs out and show them off.

https://autorama.com/attend/indianapolis/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 02:39:46 PM by NewGuyMike »

DR12VOLTS

• Vice President CCVW Club
  • CCVW Club Officers
  • Full Forum Member
  • (o)\_!_/(o)Proud owner of 72,76Beetles, 69 Fastbac
Re: World of Wheel February 10-12 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 10:08:31 PM »
I have a some more information on the World of Wheels (February 10-12, 2017) . First off we have been invited to be in the Gauge Magazine hall at the show. If we go and be part of that we will be able to stay with our cars, if we go into the other part of the show area they ask that after you set your car up that you do not stay with your car, to me that doesn't sound like a good time, I would rather to be able to stay with our cars. The cost is $50 for the weekend and that gets you 2 passes to get into the show for the weekend 1 for the driver and 1 for a guest. Setup is on the Thursday before the show and the cars will stay there until after the show ends on Sunday. To do a club display we need 6 or more cars. If we do this we would need to come up with a cool display for our cars. They give a best club display award and there is also a cash award that goes with that. I will have registration forms later in the week and the sooner we get them in the better. Your car doesn't have to be perfect to be part of this. Let's show Indy what CCVW is all about and go and have a great time. I would love to see 16 cars or more there. Please comment on if you want to join in and how many cars you will bring. This open to all VWS

zwbeetle

• CCVW Member at Large "Grandpa Ike" my 1963 40hp :)
  • CCVW Club Officers
  • Hero Forum Member
  • Doug Willis
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 11:37:45 AM »
I'm in with my 63!  If you need more, I can also bring the 72 Super.  Both have roof racks and I have tons of display stuff!
\"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming    WOW!    WHAT A RIDE!!!

gnoel

• Treasurer CCVW Club
  • CCVW Club Officers
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 01:55:55 PM »
count me in

NewGuyMike

• President CCVW Club
  • CCVW Club Officers
  • Full Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 11:36:22 PM »
Since we decided to not participate in World of Wheels this year, due to time constraints, let's get together after the February meeting and go check it out.  This will be a good opportunity to start putting together ideas for themes and whatnot.  It will also be a good opportunity to just get out and check out all the awesome cars!  The cost at the gate is $18, but discount tickets are available at O'Reilly Auto Parts stores for $16. 

I hope a lot of you will attend with us!